Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Third share! July 12


Although picking it up required swimming through 80% humidity, my third installment of treats from Mimomex farm proved to be another exciting assortment.

A luscious leek:
(Which, incidentally, was always my vegetable of choice when I had to play that game where you say your name plus a fruit or vegetable starting with the same letter... even though at that age I had no idea what a leek actually was. There are surprisingly few 'L' options.)


Zucchini:


More kale:


Onions:


Celery... which I stored incorrectly and somehow managed to kill within 24 hours.
Celery, I hardly knew ye.

The anti-plastic-storage hippies led me astray on this one: putting the stalk in a shallow bowl of water on my counter was a fast track to cellular meltdown. Maybe it would have worked better in an air-conditioned apartment? Bendy vegetables are interesting and fun to play with but they do not taste very good.

RIP celery:

Red leaf lettuce:


This week's herbs-- rosemary and mint:


And this week's superfun surprise, lemongrass!


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful sounding recipes with veggie choices I've been hesitant to use. But the sense of humor got me. Keep it up. Yuk - yuk!
    Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete